7/29/2010

Hypertext Response Project

a.






"Our village was so small that you came on it at once; it lacked the dignity of outskirts.” (Davies,p.4)




b.




"This is the end. Boy does not love me and you don't either so it is best for me to go. Think of me sometimes. I always loved you." (Davies, p.180)





c.



"This is one of the cruelties of the theatre of life; we all think of ourselves as stars and rarely recognize it when we are indeed mere supporting characters or even supernumeraries." (Davies,p.13)



d.


"...a certainty that faith was a psychological reality, and that where it was not invited to fasten itself on things unseen, it invaded and raised bloody hell with things seen. Or in other words, the irrational will have its say, perhaps because 'irrational' is the wrong word for it." (Davies, p.187)

Poem
Nightmare

I woke up from the nightmare,
with tears in my eye;
what had I done?

Blood was all over the place,
there was a knife;
a little girl crying in front of me.

There are crazy knockings at the door,
the smell of human flesh;
what had I done?

没有评论:

发表评论