7/29/2010

Novel/ Poem Compare and Contrast Frame



Broken Mirrors by Lara Roberts



Here I stand,

Trapped inside this mirror.

Frozen in this hollow glass

While this monster of myself

Roams the land under a mask of my face.

One day I will be free of her

Banging on these walls,

These walls that close in on me.

I am the girl in the mirror,

The girl that you see when you look in the glass.

I know that here I'll stay

Until the day that you open your mind.


I cry for this glass to break,

Freeing you, tortured soul,

While the monsters of the world

Howl and scream their lies of hate in your mind.

I know that we won't survive

The banging on these walls,

These dark walls that just close in.

I am the girl in the mirror,

The girl that they see when they look in your dead eyes.

I know that we'll be here,

In our fear,

Till we open our minds.

没有评论:

发表评论